Friday, April 6, 2012

It feels good to be organized.

One of my current projects was reorganizing my dreaded jewelry supplies. I've been making jewelry as a hobby for a while now. Years and years of making have led to lotsss and lotsss of supplies. I'm also the Jewelry Instructor at work and teach one night a week. Last Friday I hosted my first "Bead Night". You pay $5 to reserve a spot in our classroom, you may bring in any supplies or projects you are working on. I sit in class and bead along side the students. I give tips, help, inspire and get inspired! The Bead Night lasted 4 hours so I decided to bring along 4....to 5...ok 7! of my bead containers. This is where I noticed how unorganized my collection had gotten. After getting off work yesterday evening I pulled out all of my containers and began! I took me a few hours and 2 new containers to complete.
Lets just hope I keep everything nice and neat.

Bead Night
Photobucket



Photobucket


During- It may not seem like a mess, they were just very unorganized.
There were findings and like beads in many different containers, charms with the bead, stuff in bags...
Photobucket



Photobucket



3 comments:

  1. I love the feeling you get right after you've had a good sort out! Your jewellery is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks great!

    I just started making jewelry again too and my stash could use some organization too. Will get on that asap:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that looks great. I have two cases now but I need another one... and more beads. :P

    ~Brit
    www.brittany-sims.com

    ReplyDelete