Thursday, May 13, 2010

Thrifty

I finally have 2 days off of work. I love having 2 days off in a row! I can spend one day being productive... doing errands, looking at houses, and cleaning, then I can spend the next day relaxing and being lazy. My last day off I did some major thrifting. I spent the day driving to all the thrift stores and consignment shops around town, my regular favorites and then some new places Ive never been in. I believe I hit 12 thrifts stores that day. I'm not gonna lie I was not impressed with any of the new places I ventured to. :/ I think I'll stick with my favorites. They never let me down. Here's what I found.

I have an easy camera art project in mind for my new craft room.
I will need 9 old cameras. I found 3 I liked.


Cute containers.
I thinking they will eventually go into my new kitchen.


Awesome Afghan!
Im weird about buying certain things from thrift stores. Like blankets/afghans..I get weirded out not knowing who used it or where its been, but I couldnt pass this up! It had either dog or cat all over it, another thing that would turn me off from buying it. I figured I could wash, wash, wash the heck out of it and f it didnt work I would only be loosing $5. I think I washed it 6 times and still a ton of hair! I searched online and found this. My mom picked me up some rubber gloves and lint roller. I worked over the whole afghan front and back. It worked very well. I was amazed by the amount of hair still in it after all those washes. I think I will do another one or two lint roll rounds and it should be hair free. :)
Wall Mirror. I planned on painting it a bright color, but the old look of it is kind of growing on me, so I may keep it as is.


Unicorn Necklace.
The best for last!
Ive been wanting to get a shelf for miniatures and start collecting cute miniature things. I walked into the store and this is the first thing I saw sitting on the table! It had a zip lock baggie attached to it, holding all the little miniatures that had fallen off. I brought it home and opened the baggie, to my surprise it had the one miniature Ive wanted most. A mini sewing machine! I cleaned in up and glued in all the missing, fallen off pieces. Theres 3 windows I love. The sewing window(complete with sewing machine, fabric panels and tiny patterns), the plant/flower pot window(flower pots, tiny bag of seeds) and the baking window( bowl of dough, roller pin, rolled out dough, and pie.)

I walked up to the register and the little old lady checking me out loved it. She grabbed it and sat there eyeing it, telling me it was so cute and a great find. At one point I thought it wasnt going to leave the store with me. Finally she bagged it up, I payed and got out of there fast. haha. I love it. There are a few things I would like to change out but I still think its adorable.

2 comments:

  1. your blog is cute! ♥

    I love those cameras! What are you planning to do with them? I'm curious! Hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. im going to mount them to foamboard and create a wall art piece. ill be sure to post a picture once i collect enough cameras and make it! :)

    ReplyDelete